`Remember me on this computer` option
Select the `Remember me on this computer` option if you wish to be automatically logged on to the computer in future. Your account will remain active for 45 days. Please do not use the `Remember me` option if using a computer with public access or that is used by more than one person.
View more related products to:
Jump on any dive boat in the last 20 years and every BCD you see will be a slight variation on a theme. The NX ZEN is the result of our passion to break from that tradition, from what works, into what performs at a previously unheard of level. Deconstructing traditional designs, bringing XDEEPS technical diving experience and expertise, led to a step change in BCD design and application.
BE AT ONE WITH YOUR EQUIPMENT:
- The NX ZEN is so named for a reason; that feeling of being at one with the world that diving brings. Advances in materials technology, in diving design and our ability to apply modern engineering concepts created a dive system that delivered on our priorities. A stable, comfortable and ergonomic BCD that is truly ZEN.
WITH YOU ABOVE AS WELL AS BELOW THE WAVES:
- Modern BCDs not only need to create a sense of freedom in the water but also provide security and confidence on the surface. Careful attention to the wing design and the balance point of the NX ZEN system means you are held comfortably and confidently whilst waiting for your boat pickup or sharing the excitement of the dive with your buddies,
- Built for unmatched performance and comfort.Epic look is just a side effect. At XDEEP we are passionate about doing things better, improving and refining our products. We want BCDs to be safer, to be robust and reliable and to be more comfortable for divers. Our engineers and designers leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of this goal. From the overall design concept to the little details, everything is examined and improved. Once we have come up with the design we obssess about identifying and using the best materials. The NX Series is the culmination of our experience, expertise and passion so far. The NX collection of products has already changed dive industry thinking and has improved diver experiences from exploration cave diving to tropical reefs.
- The tight to the tank streamlining makes buoyancy control more precise. The wing shape adds stability due to reduced air migration and attention to the ideal balance for easy expert trim. When diving in currents you want to reduce drag for ease of finning. When exploring swim throughs in a wreck or reef you want to be free of entanglement. This is where you will truly value the NX ZENs design.
A breakthrough at the top:
- As a result of the revolutionary inflator design, first seen on the NX GHOST we have been able to make a design breakthrough at the top of the wing. We have created a leaner and smaller shape, opening up space around the valves and hoses, reducing unwanted air migration and creating better balance for better trim.Failure points have been eliminated as far as possible by removing all threads and gaskets. The material is completely resistant to any crushing or traumatic forces. A direct weld of the inflator to the bladder ensures a robust and direct connection for maximum performance.
Precise control of gas movement:
- Traditional inflation systems are mounted on the side, so that as gas is injected it can disturb trim if you are in a good flat position. The compact nature of the NX series adapter allows it to be placed dead centre, eliminating unwanted gas movement. Air is added and is immediately distributed equally down both sides of the wing, leaving you in perfect trim.
FINALLY - AN ERGONOMIC BACKPLATE:
- The classic back plates design history dates back to what could be cut out of an old road sign. For the first time since then we have looked properly at the ergonomics and anatomy of the back. The redesign has created a plate that is better in every respect. Enlarging the upper part of the back plate has achieved better weight distribution during the dive and removes load from the lumbar region. The lower plate design, spreads the load comfortably safely allowing for the optimal attachment of weight pockets and accessories. The new NX Series back plate is comfortable, stable and protective of your back.
PERFECT 3D MESH PAD IN STANDARD:
- ZEN, as with any other set from the NX Series is equipped with XDEEPs perfect 3D Mesh lining. This soft but non compressive pad adds to your comfort, whether in board shorts or drysuit. It helps prevent any small movement of the back plate against your back, adding to stability and security.
EASIER TO PUT ON AND TAKE OFF:
- The back plate design has resulted in major improvements in donning and doffing the system. When the harness is unfastened, the shoulder straps are 20% longer than in a classic harness. This creates more room even if you have restricted movement in the shoulders. Tightening the buckle of the waist strap pulls the shoulder straps snugly down, perfectly tensioning the harness fit to your body. No need to adjust for changes from wetsuit to drysuit. The whole system is comfortably held closer to your body stabilising the entire scuba unit.
V-shaped crotch strap:
- The NX Series harness is equipped with totally new V shaped crotch strap. The V shape is more comfortable, eliminating the single strap design running directly between the legs. Whether walking with your gear to jump in or scootering around a reef, you will feel the very direct benefit.
NX SERIES MODULAR WEIGHT SYSTEM:
- To truly be at one with your equipment, your weight system must be perfectly balanced, be secure and easy to configure and use. The modular weight system in the NX series means you can confine your weight belt to history.
Simple to use:
- Even in bulky gloves the weight pocket can be quickly and easily removed and passed up onto the boat. Pockets are made in two parts with the weights fitting into separate slots. This ensures the weights are secure, cannot fall out accidentally and stay exactly where you want them.
Drop weights only when you want to:
- Robust ITW Nexus buckles snap into place with a solid click, reassuring you that your weights for that dive are solid and secure. Unintentional weight loss and a resultant rapid ascent is a serious risk, best eliminated. Should an incident demand dropping your weights, the buckles construction and size make it simple and very quick.
Look after the environment:
- Whilst lead is useful to divers given its high mass to volume characteristics, it carries some environmental considerations. In air lead forms lead oxide, a carcinogenic compound that can pollute enclosed air spaces such as cars and boats. The oxide forms on each lead block surface as it is used. Once lead is installed in an XDEEP pocket the pocket design and material provides effective protection.
Details make a Difference:
- Throughout the NX series it is the attention to detail that separates our products from the rest. On the weight pockets a rigid edge makes it easy to keep the pocket open to add weights even underwater. The difference is in the detail; the result is in the performance.
- The combination of intelligent design, engineering innovation and advanced materials from the USA and Germany means we deliver a fully technologically driven approach. The result will we believe speak for itself when you see the system.
- CORDURA® 1100 dTEX
- Anti-bacterial coating
- TPU 0.215mm coating
- K type inflator
- Ultrasonic welding
- HF welding
- Fabric laser cutting
- Amann Serabond thread
- Triple, fully trimmed seams
- 3D Mesh
- CNC edge bevelling
- Perfect for: Single tank diving in any conditions. Wreck diving.
- BCD sizes available: 19 kg 42 lbs
- Harness type: NX Series QR
- Harness adjustment: Adjusted with the ITW Nexus QR buckles
- Quick unfastening of the shoulder straps: Standard. With ITW NEXUS QR buckles
- Weight pockets: Modular weight system with the capacity from 0 kg to 16 kg (35 lbs)
- Backplate pads: Standard, 3D Mesh of neutral buoyancy
- Shoulder straps padding: Standard, 3D Mesh of neutral buoyancy
- Single tank adapter: NX Series
- Crotch strap: Comfortable V-shaped crotch strap with two cargo D-rings on the sides
- Full set weight (without weight pockets): 3.2 kg 7 lbs
- Buoyancy: 19 kg 42 lbs
- Type: Toroidal wing-style BCD
- Construction: Double shell
- Bladder fabric: Nylon 440 dTEX
- Spacing between backplate mounting holes: 11 inches
- Dry BC weight (without harness): 1.1 kg 2.42 lbs
- Type: K-Type
- Supply pressure: Between 6 bar and 17.23 bar (250 PSI) (250 PSI)
Permissible tank parameters:
- Cylinder type: Single tank
- Maximum size: 18 L
- Diameter: Between 140 mm and 240 mm
- Water temperature: Between -2°C and 40°C
- Air temperature: Between -20°C and 60°C
xDeep Zen Deluxe Set S is the perfect product to reach your dive goals. Complete your order with other related Jackets products and enjoy your life like never before. Some of our Bcd jackets products have a special promotion. Find them at scubastore! We provide a wide choice from xDeep who is renowned in the highest quality materials, they never fail to deliver.
Great BCD but Integrated weight system could be improved
Nick - 01/11/2018
A great wing style BCD, which is easy to don/doff and generally very well constructed (see but... later in review). It’s surprisingly light weight and easy to adjust with plenty of D-rings and space on the belt for extra pockets when required. Under water the BCD keeps you nicely horizontal, but on the surface with an Al tank you are pitched forwards which is uncomfortable. This is less of a problem when using a steel tank so could possibly be mitigated with trim weights (pouches are extra though) I’m 185cm tall, and I find the inflator hose supplied is shorter than I would like, it’s not a major problem but it doesn’t come to hand as easily as I would like (longer ones are available but again extra cost). But... the integrated weight system lets the quality of the overall BCD down and is disappointingly poorly designed. Firstly, weight pouches are soft with no stiffening, this makes them difficult to put in as they fold and tend to jam in the pockets. I’d emphasise this is not a problem when removing them so there isn’t a safety issue. Secondly, the pouches have small soft handles which aren’t always easy to locate and make passing weights up onto a boat slightly tricky. Finally the pouches have small zip closures rather than Velcro tabs, one of the zips on my pockets broke after only 5 dives and I suspect this will be an ongoing issue as the size/quality of the zip don’t match up to that of the rest of the BCD which is very well constructed.
Write a review or ask our dedicated team of experts a question
EASY & FAST RETURN
SECURE & SAFE