Cave diving allows no room for error. A cave diver’s skills and preparation are detailed and meticulous. Hundreds of hours of purposeful training and practice are needed to prepare properly for cave exploration. Nothing can be left to chance or luck. The equipment used must exceed the divers needs in any conceiveable situation. This is why the STEALTH 2.0 classic sidemount system has, for many years, been the first choice of the world’s best divers for their exploring.
- STEALTH 2.0 Classic BCD: Packing 16Kg of lift into a streamlined and tough double-shell wing required true innovation. Selecting materials that would stand up to the rigours of cave diving meant no compromises. Combining these demands into a sidemount system that was streamlined, infinitely adjustable and made our competitors systems irrelevant was a challenge XDEEP relished.
In the cave environment, especially in tight restrictions, the XDEEP is peerless.
- Streamlined to your anatomy: One of sidemount divings’ many advantages is the streamlined shape you have in the water. Anything that protrudes or dangles is a potential entanglement hazard, and a serious safety issue.
The STEALTH 2.0 design achieves a streamlined system that stays in tune with your anatomy. Whatever position you are in and regardless of how much gas you have in the wing, the distance of the centre of the wing away from the body is minimal.
- Perfectly position the wing: Because the wing has its own independent five-point mounting system, you can place the wing exactly where it needs to be.
During the dive as you mount and demount cylinders, drop stages or clip off scooters the wing can be adjusted to maintain trim. For a real squeeze of a restriction, you can even remove it to completely minimise your profile.
- Always in control, anywhere and everywhere: Diving in caves and wrecks can put your body in some strange and contorted positions, especially in narrow passageways and restrictions. Safety and performance demand you can reach the dump valve with either hand, and dump gas without having to change position.
The STEALTH 2.0 dump valve is located centrally to ensure it can be reached anywhere with either hand. In addition it is placed to offer maximum protection from accidental operation or from being caught or damaged in the environment.
- STEALTH 2.0 HARNESS A Superb Foundation: The expression ‘thinking outside the box’ is often over used, but to revolutionise the sidemount system harness, that’s exactly what we had to do. Analysing the many systems already on the market was a start. We soon realised that something new and groundbreaking, something that would perform brilliantly in the Yucutan Caves as well as open water, was needed.
- The STEALTH 2.0 includes some revolutionary features. Using harness webbing of differing thickness and stiffness meant a better more comfortable fit. Building true anatomical structures into the harness enhanced the diving experience. Movable D rings on the waist strap to allow for changes in tank buoyancy and control of tank position were first seen on the STEALTH 2.0 and have been widely copied since.
- Ultimate freedom of movement: Whilst we all have different body shapes, our axis of rotation and our centre of gravity are consistent relative to set anatomical landmarks. The STEALTH 2.0 has two ‘nodes’ which act as junctions for the shoulder and waist straps and for positioning the central weight pocket. The harness adjustment allows these nodes to be placed on the axis of rotation so that regardless of your position in the water, the harness will stay exactly as you set it up. The central weight pocket can move relative to the lower node for maximum comfort and zero resistance.
There is no movement of the shoulder straps, no resistance when turning the body and nothing to impede your freedom of movement.
- Quick to fit and adjust: Single piece harnesses can take up to half a day to fit properly and often need refining post dive. Because the STEALTH 2.0 has independent adjustment of the shoulder and waist straps it is quicker and easier to obtain a custom fit. Adjusting the shoulders does not affect the waist D ring positions, the crotch strap is a simple triglide adjustment.
Instructors and students can save time on their sidemount courses and actually go diving instead of constantly adjusting equipment.
- Harness webbing fit for purpose: There are three different webbing types of the STEALTH 2.0 applied to best fufill the function required.
On the waist there is a stiff and rigid webbing that enhances the ease of use and operation of the D rings for cylinder mounting. Shoulder straps are softer to improve comfort, fit and flexibility. The crotch strap is very flexible, even soft, to reduce chaffing and wear on your exposure suit. A simple idea, elegant in application.
- The worlds best weight system: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery which probably explains why the STEALTH 2.0 weight system is so often copied. Your weights can be configured exactly where you want them to ensure perfect balance and trim, regardless of whether you need one block or ten.
Incredibly flexible, capacity to cope with 1Kg to over 20Kg and designed to keep weights secure and immovable, it truly is a world class system.
- Take only the weight you need: Cold water diving in a drysuit with a thick undersuit requires a large amount of weight that many sidemount systems struggle to accomodate. This limits where you can place the weight and can upset balance and trim.
The design of the STEALTH 2.0 can manage the perfect placement of a 1Kg block up to over 20Kg of lead with ease. If you are in arctic water or in board shorts and a T shirt, the weight system is flexible enough to meet your needs exactly.
- Perfect Trim and Balance: The flexibility designed into the STEALTH 2.0 weight system ensures you control weight placement relative to your centre of gravity. The central weight pocket has a considerable range of movement, so it can be ideally positioned for balance. The same principle that is used in twinset diving when moving a V weight into the optimum position.
Perfect trim and balance in any configuration.
- Smart weight pocket security: In technical and cave diving the consequences of losing weights far outweighs the possible need to drop them. The unique and innovative design of the STEALTH 2.0 weight pocket prevents any accidental loss of weights.
Side fastening bands are overlaid by a main band that prevents unwanted opening of the pocket, even if in contact with the ceiling of a wreck or cave. It is quick and easy to see if the pocket is improperly secured and corrections can simply be made, even underwater.
- The world’s most versatile sidemount system: The STEALTH 2.0 is completely customisable to you and the exact dive you want to do that day. No longer do you need multiple scuba gear systems for all your different diving. Just select the STEALTH components that will create the ideal set-up for your needs. Do a deep trimix dive in the morning with a tec and drysuit set-up, in 10 minutes be ready to jump in for a fun 6m reef dive with a single sidemount and your camera.
- Decide what you want, configure it in minutes: There are three different STEALTH 2.0 Setups: Classic, TEC and REC. Each is based on the different wing, purposefully designed for it’s intended use. Any of the three wings can be fitted onto the STEALTH 2.0 harness and weight management system in minutes.
- Cave diving demands ultra reliable equipment that can stand up to considerable stress. The wear and tear of overhead diving demands use of the best materials, design and manufacturing technology. Whatever your diving, you can be confident that a European Union built system, using materials from Germany and the USA, has literally got your back.
- CORDURA®Ÿ 1100 dTEX: CORDURA® is a widely known brand of polyamide fabrics of the highest resistance resulting from special weave structure and weaving method. The outer side of CORDURA® fabric is coated with Teflon aperture, which ensures very high resistance to abrasion. The inner side of the CORDURAŸ fabric we use is coated with a layer of polyurethane.
The XDEEP dive gear are only made of CORDURA®Ÿ fabric produced in Germany in compliance with the highest quality standards of INVISTA company.
- Anti-bacterial coating
- TPU 0.215mm coating
- 'K' type inflator
- Ultrasonic welding
- HF welding
- Fabric laser cutting
- Amann Serabond thread
- Triple, fully trimmed seams
- Polymer reinforcement
Complete your order of xDeep STEALTH 2.0 Side Mount Buoyancy Compensator 16 kg/36 lbs with our Bcd wings selection and Accessories items. Navigate through the other dive categories at scubastore, your online store specialized in dive equipment and get all your Accessories gear at the best price, 100% guarantee at scubastore!