UPDATED DESIGN, UNPARALLED PERFORMANCE
This easy-to-use octo/inflator is the best backup breather money can buy.
An octo/inflator combines a backup regulator with a BCs buoyancy control system in one compact, at-the-ready unit.
The cool thing about an octo/inflator is that its always within reach because its constantly being used to control descents, adjust buoyancy, and vent air during ascents. In the event of an emergency theres no need to grope for a dangling octo reg; simply pass your primary reg to the diver in need while you take the octo/inflator, enabling you to breathe easily and control your buoyancy as you make your way safely back to the surface.
SCUBAPRO introduced the octo/inflator concept to diving almost thirty years ago with the introduction of the original AIR2 (short for Alternate Inflator Reg). Now in its 5th generation, it offers even more in both performance and ease of use.
As a backup reg the AIR2 delivers air as smoothly as most primary second stages.
The flexible purge cover is large and easy to locate, allowing for quick clearing when it comes time to take a breath.
In addition, a new dive/pre-dive switch lets you detune the AIR2 when its not being used, eliminating free flows. And unlike traditional dangling octos, the AIR2 is always within easy reach if needed.
As a BC power inflator the AIR2 is very easy to use.
It fits comfortably in the hand, and the large inflate and deflate buttons can be differentiated by both color and touch, improving safety on both ascents and descents.
The power inflate button features a very light lever so its easy to initiate inflation.
Also, both inflate and deflate buttons are positioned on top of the housing, making them easier to operate when breathing off the unit without having to change hand positions.
If you want a reliable backup reg thats always within easy reach, that does double-duty as a BC inflator/deflator, and that streamlines your dive profile by eliminating a dangling octo hose, youre going to love the AIR2.
It was divings first octo/inflator and, with five generations of improvements, its still the best.
- Test-proven breathing performance and cracking effort surpasses many traditional downstream second stages when it comes to ease of breathing.
- Breathing performance remains consistent at any air supply pressure, resulting in smooth and dependable airflow.
- New dive/pre-dive switch enables you to detune the unit when not in use, eliminating free flows.
- Flexible purge cover is easy to locate and depress for quick clearing, even when wearing thick gloves.
- Power inflate and deflate buttons are positioned on top of the housing when the AIR2 is in your mouth, making it easier to control buoyancy.
- Power inflate button features a lighter lever so less load is required to initiate inflation.
- Inflate and deflate buttons can be differentiated by color and touch due to their different shapes and sizes, improving ascent control and safety when inflating or deflating the BC.
- Large bite tabs on the mouthpiece guarantee a secure grip in high-stress situations.
- CE certified EN250 (A> 50°F warm water test controls) as a second stage regulator.
The AIR II is compatible with all BCs except:
- TUSA with A.P.A (Active Purge Assist)
- US Divers
- XS Scuba
WHATs IN THE BOS
1 x Air 2
1 x 3/8' threaded 27.56' (70 cm) high-flow low-pressure hose
1 x Owners manual
Scubapro Air 2 5th Generation is perfect to complete your dive gear. In our online store scubastore, you can profit from the multitude of advantages and if you place your order right away at scubastore, you will receive it in a few days at home. In addition, in our online dive store you can find other dive products that complement Scubapro Air 2 5th Generation.