ABYSS 22 NAVY
For extreme emotions
• CWD Kit for extreme temperature
• High performance in cold water
• Second stage with fluoropolymer resin finish
The new Abyss 22 Navy is the Mares answer for your challenge in every condition.
With careful analysis and evaluation of what happens in cold water, Mares has designed an exclusive product accurately studied to guarantee top performance and reliability under the toughest conditions, including diving under the ice.
The higher heat exchange capability and superior ruggedness of rubber makes it the preferred choice for hose material in this application.
- TRI-MATERIAL VALVE: Patented technology, created to optimize performance, safety and reliability. This valve is covered with hard PU and the sealing surface is layered with a soft PU for a perfect seal. Tri-material (brass, soft polyurethane and “heavy-duty” polyurethane) reaches a new level of durability.
- DFC - DYNAMIC FLOW CONTROL: The DFC system minimizes the intermediate pressure drop during inhalation, making it possible to use a simpler and more reliable second stage. No type of manual adjustment is necessary, thanks to the consistency derived from a first stage that guarantees a stable flow of air, even under extreme conditions.
- EXTREME COLD WATER: Regulators made to guarantee unbeatable performance and reliability in extremely cold water, even ice diving: the first stage is equipped with the CWD kit and all key components of the second stage (All Metal version only) are coated with fluoropolymer resin finish.
- ALL METAL TECHNOLOGY: Metal second stages have superior performance to plastic second stages, especially in cold water, thanks to the high thermal conductivity that limits the freezing effect. Additional benefits are the improved durability, the longer working life and less dry mouth from breathing.
- VAD - VORTEX ASSISTED DESIGN: All Mares second stages offer the unique patented VAD system. The air bypass tube conveys air to the mouthpiece creating a swirling vortex with a low pressure area in the center that keeps the diaphragm down during inhalation, for very sensitive and easy breathing at all depths.
- MESH GRID: The patented mesh design of the second stage cover reduces the pressure of water flowing onto the second stage diaphragm and minimizes free-flow. Even in strong currents it eliminates the need for a knob to ‘de-tune’ your air delivery system to stop free flowing: advanced technology through basic physics.
Abyss 22 Navy:
Award-winning and tested under the toughest military conditions worldwide! In a special version, modified for use in extremely cold water, the legendary regulator now has the absolute trust of the diving task forces. And you can enjoy this special design as well!
The name “Abyss” stands for ultimate perfection in regulator technology.
This is evidenced by numerous impressive records including “the deepest solo dive down to 313 meters”.
This legendary regulator has passed all endurance tests with flying colors: EN-250, US-Navy, and INPP Marseille confirm that this regulator is well suited for cold water, mixed gas, and extreme depths.
But the Abyss is not only the preferred choice for recreational and extreme diving: military procurement offices are also increasingly interested in this regulator, especially because of its outstanding cold water characteristics.
Just recently, a dozen Abyss regulators were subjected to a rigorous US Navy test under arctic conditions and received the highest marks.
It was a done deal! The special requirement profile of combat divers is now available in a “world-class Abyss” for all divers that don’t want to compromise: The Abyss 22 Navy is optimized for extremely cold water while looking pretty fancy.
Talking about surface finishing! Not only optimized for looks but for withstanding the toughest environmental conditions, the new model comes with a special fluoropolymer finish at the second stage that prevents the adhesion of dirt particles and ice crystals.
The balanced diaphragm First Stage MR22T also features a protective shield against extreme cold and dirt: the CWD kit offers just as much reliable protection against icing up during extreme cold water dives as does the use of rubber hoses as they possess very good heat exchange properties.
Technical data “Abyss 22 Navy”:
Operating principle: 1st MR22T stage: balanced diaphragm, DFC (patented), 300 bar (DIN)
2nd Abyss stage: VAD system (patented), mesh grid
Material: High-resistance cast brass, high-resistance technopolymers
Surface coating: 2nd stage: fluoropolymer coating (inside and outside)
Valve: PU tri-material valve
CWD kit: Silicone-filled, protects all moveable parts from coming into direct contact with water
Medium pressure: 9.8 to 10.2 bar (at an air flow of 200 and 30 bar)
High pressure port: ISO 12209-2 (formerly DIN 200 /300 bar) or ISO 12209-3 (INT)
First stage ports: High pressure: two 7/16' UNF, medium pressure: three 3/8' UNF, one 1/2' UNF DFC (for the primary second stage)
Hose type, length: Rubber hose 1/2', 80 cm
2nd stage coverplate: Mesh-grid, full-size purge button
Weight: 1st stage MR22T DIN 300 bar: 666 g; INT: 850 g
2nd stage: 269 g
Total weight incl. hose: DIN 11511 g, INT 1338 g
Airflow: 1st stage: 4800 l/min; 2nd stage: 2400 l/min
Values in accordance with EN 250: Breathing effort = 0.96 j/l (limit = 3.0 joules/liter)
Cold water breathability: yes, EN 250 certified
Mixed gas tested: yes, in accordance with INPP Marseille for Trimix and Heliox for a depth of up to 100 m
Records: Deepest solo dive by Mark Ellyatt down to 313 m.
101 divers breath simultaneously for 40 minutes from just one first stage.
Mares Abyss 22 Navy DIN has the 100% money-back guarantee. If for whatever reason you are not completely satisfied with your Mares Abyss 22 Navy DIN you have purchased at scubastore, you have 30 calendar days from delivery in which to return it. In addition, in our online dive store you can discover the full range of product of the brand Mares and complete your order in Regulators set products always at the best price.