`Remember me on this computer` option
Select the `Remember me on this computer` option if you wish to be automatically logged on to the computer in future. Your account will remain active for 45 days. Please do not use the `Remember me` option if using a computer with public access or that is used by more than one person.
View more related products to:
The Mangrove MVHS-CX900 housing is compatible with Sony HDR-CX900 and FDR-AX100 (in 2K mode), the design benefits of interchangeable optics like the dome port DP-M77x125 and flat port FP-M56-WA, the camcorder mounts on a specially engineered universal camera tray that can be adjusted by the customer in any position in just a few minutes. The available length for the camera and its battery is 226mm/8.9 inches. The housing incorporates a large 3.5” Color LCD viewfinder that is located at the rear of the housing with an angle of 25° for enhanced viewing at arm’s length.
Mangrove video housing’s front case is constructed from marine grade aluminium, machined, anodized and the rear case is machined from solid Delrin. The housing’s sleek, ergonomic design feels like a natural extension of your hands and makes capturing that perfect video sequence fluid and easy. Redundant double O-ring seal system on the rear case provides maximum protection and does not depend on clamping pressure for security. The housing incorporates a large 3.5” Color LCD viewfinder that is located at the rear of the housing with an angle of 25° for enhanced viewing at arm’s length.
The Mangrove MVHS-AX100 housing is compatible with the new Sony HDR-CX900 and FDR-AX100 (in 2K mode) camcorders, since it´s a universal housing it could accept nearly the entire line of Sony HD video cameras just with minor changes on the software or hardware, the design benefits of interchangeable optics like the dome port DP-M77x125, the camcorder mounts on a specially engineered universal camera tray that can be adjusted by the customer in any position in just a few minutes. The available length for the camera and its battery is 226mm/8.9 inches.
Its solid build quality and elegant ergonomics make shooting underwater video a pleasure. Whether your serious about getting into video or a pro already, this housing is designed to make the experience rewarding! It is depth-rated to 200m/660 feet, making it the deepest-operating video housing on the market.
SUPPORTED CAMERA MODELS:
- Sony FDR: AX100 (in 2K mode)
- Sony HDR: CX900
The Mangrove MVH-AX100 is a full electronically controlled housing that uses the AV/R-10pin connector, the external controls on the housing are linked by 12 electromagnetic pushbuttons to corresponding controls on the camera inside the case, eliminating the need for the physical shafts that pierce the walls of mechanical housings. The electromagnetic controls do not penetrate the housing wall and can be easily removed for cleaning and maintenance. With non-penetrating electronic controls there is virtually no risk of the housing leaks typical with mechanical through-hole designs. Another convenient feature of this type of system is that the controls for the housing are grouped together in three locations, to the left, right and under the in-built monitor, so that each function can be operated by your thumbs while maintaining a steady grip on the handles. In this position you can instantly see the labels for the names of each control, as compare to a mechanical housing where you must either memorize the location of the controls or rotate the housing to read the name of the control you want to operate. Grouped electronic controls are very convenient on deep dives where nitrogen narcosis may be a factor.
The Sony connecting cable adapter VMC-AVM1 is for video cameras equipped with the Multi/Micro USB terminal like the FDR-AX100, if you don´t have this adapter you may order it on option 0.
HOUSING CONTROL SET:
- Power ON/OFF
- Photo record
- Photo prepare
- Zoom Tele
- Zoom Wide
- Navigation Joystick Up
- Navigation Joystick Down
- Navigation Joystick Right
- Navigation Joystick Left
- Menu Enter
- Electronic-One-Touch White Balance
- Toggle between Photo & Video mode
- Toggle between Manual & Auto Focus
- Manual Focus Far
- Manual Focus Near
- Guide Frame
Rather than viewing the underwater world through a small viewfinder, the housing incorporates a High–Resolution TFT LCD monitor built into the back of the case that gives you a large 3.5” image; you see what the camera is recording, in full colour, while holding the housing at arm’s length. Not only will the larger image be of great assistance in composing your shots, you can instantly see the results when you change manual focus, turn on lights, or use your filter, you will also see all the status information normally displayed in your camera’s screen/viewfinder. An optional AUO 3.5' 16:9 ultra high resolution monitor can be installed instead of the standard TFT-LCD monitor, the resolution of this new AUO LCD is 2400(W) x 480(H), which is 5.5 times higher than the standard TFT-LCD, and the brightness is 500 cd/m2, twice the TFT monitor.
The in-built monitor has a hood that eliminates glare and reflections from your surrounding, which also allows viewing even in strong ambient light; furthermore the LCD screen is 25 degrees angled for enhanced viewing at arm’s length. The monitor is powered by their own Lithium batteries so they do not rob any power from the camera’s battery.
The rearward placement of the handles is also a boon for those who suffer from Hyperopia and Presbyopia. Rear monitor housings can be difficult for bad eyesight sufferers and often you can see many people shooting with arms straight out to be able to focus. A few inches does make a difference for many and the handle position allows all but the most farsighted divers to comfortably maintain relaxed arms for steady shooting.
A live video feed to the surface is also available, you can use your Mangrove external monitor or any standard monitor with a 100 m (333 feet) extension cable and have a perfect view of the diver assisted or tripod mounted Mangrove housing from the boat.
While recording XAVC S 4K movies, you cannot output movies to an external monitor via an HDMI/video connection. Only the camcorder on-screen display is output (models with the 4K functionality).
AUDIBLE & VISUAL LEAK DETECTOR:
As with all our housings, the MVH is offered as standard equipment with a leak detector that will immediately activate a loud buzzer and a LED located at the rear of the housing in the event water should find its way past the o-ring seals, the water detector is located next to O-ring sealing and at the lowest point (in usual operating position) of the case
INTERCHANGEABLE PORT SYSTEM:
Full HD cameras demand the finest optics - the flaws of poor quality lenses will show up when watched on big HD TV screens or projected. Changes to the way land lenses see when taken under the water can compromise your underwater videography. To ensure users of Mangrove video housings obtain the best quality footage, Aditech have teamed up with Fathom Imaging. Fathom Imaging are a specialist manufacturer of lenses that have been specifically developed for use under the water. Fathom Imagings specialised water contact optics are routinely used on top of the line broadcast systems costing tens of thousands of pounds.
Aditech offer a range of Fathom Imaging underwater video camera lenses to meet your exact requirements. You can shoot the smallest critters to hulking shipwrecks. Some of the Fathom Imaging lenses allow some or full zoom through, letting you switch from super wide- angle to a narrower angle. This flexibility is ideal for working with sharks as you can video the entire shark and its backdrop, then zoom in for a head shot without losing focus. As always, its vital to think carefully about the subjects you will want to portray in your underwater videos and the likely filming conditions before selecting the right lens to match your needs.
The MVHS-CX900 comes as a standalone housing with optics not included, however, you can select to purchase the correct optics for your personal style of filming. Available are the 77mm threaded-mounted ports, which include flat and dome ports:
- FP-M56-WA: flat port with M56 threaded port ring, included W-FPM56 wrench that allows easily mounting the lens. This port is compatible with the ring adapter AR-M67 as well as the wide angle conversion dome WP-65-M79. Due to refraction flat ports reduce the angle-of-coverage of a lens and at the same time enlarge the image. Minimum focusing distance and zoom range depend upon your camcorder. This port accepts M67 wet macro lens only in combination with the adapter AR-M67.
- WP-65-M79: the WP-65-M79 Wide Angle Conversion Dome compatible with the flat port FP-M56-WA provides all of the benefits of a dome port underwater without the limitations. The conversion dome corrects for the refractive magnification of the flat port underwater to restore the cameras original angle of coverage. It increases the underwater field of view of your camcorders lens allowing to recover 105% of the FOV (field or view) of your camcorder on land. This is a semi - wide angle. You can use around half your zoom range.
- DP-M77x125: the new DP-M77x125 wide angle conversion dome port provides all of the benefits of a dome port underwater. The conversion dome corrects for the refractive magnification of the flat port underwater to restore the cameras original angle of coverage. It increases the underwater field of view of your camcorders lens allowing to recover 105% of the FOV (field or view) of your camcorder on land. This is a semi - wide angle. You can use around 80% your zoom range.
COLOUR CORRECTION FILTERS:
Several removable external filters are available; CF-80, CF-M67. These optional colour filters reduces the blue hues and revives the vivid colours instantly when used with available sunlight to 24m (80´) depths. The CF-80 filter attaches directly to the flat port FP-M56-WA.
VIDEO LIGHTING SYSTEMS:
Once you descend beyond the effective range of your correction filter, or if you are diving at night, in a cavern, or on a particularly overcast day, you are going to need some type of supplementary lighting system to provide colour, contrast, and excitement to your videos. Fortunately Mangrove’s Video Lighting Systems combine remarkably even lighting coverage with a compact design that attaches easily and maintains exceptionally balance of the housing. The VC-3L6 and VC-4L6 are lightweight compact halogen lights that can be used for video as well as a modelling light to aid with auto focus on your underwater still camera. The VS and MVS series are video lights engineered to equalized weight and maximize balance, the light heads and batteries are separate units, because the battery module is mounted beneath the housing, the light head is small, lightweight, and easy to position. All lighting systems are powered by Lithium Ion battery packs, also included is the smart charger for worldwide use.
- Dimensions (D x L): 160 x 266 mm
- Weight: 3860g
- Buoyancy: Engineered to be +/- neutrally buoyant with camera, WP-80 and lighting system VC-4 mounted
- Housing materials: Anodized marine grade aluminium and machined Delrin
- Hardware: 316 Stainless Steel throughout
- Locking system: (2) tension latch with secondary lock
- Grip handles: 2 detachable ergonomic handles with bracket shoe for lighting system
- Finish: Clear anodize aluminium and black Delrin
- Control System: through the 3.5mm LANC remote jack or 10-pin AV/Remote
- Type of controls: 12 non-penetrating electro-magnetic pushbuttons
- Leak detector: Audible & Visual water alarm
- Status information: Two LEDs, green when camcorder is connected, red when camcorder is recording.
- White balance status: Two LEDs, yellow and green show the white balance selection (only for type I control system)
- Rear monitor: 3,5” colour TFT LCD or 3.5” AUO, 25º angled, monitor hood included
- Screen resolution: 960 (W) x 240 (H)
- Video system: PAL or NTSC (auto-detect)
- Monitor life time: 10.000 hours
- Monitor brightness: 300 Cd/m2
- Monitor power source: Lithium-Ion battery pack 1280 mAh (supplied with the housing)
- Monitor run time: Approx. 9 hours
- Depth rating: Each unit is pressure tested to 200 meters / 660 feet
- Housing Back: double O-ring Seals; one 4mm radial bore seal, one 3mm face seal
- Front Port: double 2.5 mm O-ring Seals; one radial bore seal, one face seal
- Underwater video housing (port not included)
- Right and left handles
- 5mm Hex key
- Spare O-rings
- Cleansing pack
- Lithium Ion Battery pack 1280 mAh
- Battery charger.
- User´s manual
Welcome to our Mangrove Sony Housing MVHS CX900 special deal. At scubastore, not only can consumers find the best price for their dive equipment, but also expert information on dive products they are looking to buy. Product prices are up-to-date and all the necessary filters are available, enabling you to compare similar products from top categories like Accessories and parts head-to-head.
Write a review or ask our dedicated team of experts a question
EASY & FAST RETURN
SECURE & SAFE
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU