`Remember me on this computer` option
Select the `Remember me on this computer` option if you wish to be automatically logged on to the computer in future. Your account will remain active for 45 days. Please do not use the `Remember me` option if using a computer with public access or that is used by more than one person.
North Florida cave diver, Woody Jasper, first invented the Explorer Reel around 1980.
As cave explorations were becoming longer, deeper, and more extensive a reel was needed that could help an explorer make some serious penetrations into a virgin cave system.
Less likely to entangle than other reels on the market, Woodys original reel was made of aluminum and a PVC spool.
The side-handle style of the reel lent itself to exploration because it could easily switch from hand to hand while laying out line.
Twenty years later, sidewinder-style reels were popularized in the technical diving community when DIR aficionados began using them for paying out line in deep caves at high speed on a DPV.
Our Sidewinder series of reels are designed to be anti-jam by using precision machine tolerances between the frame and the spool making it nearly impossible for the line to slip between the spool and the handle.
- DuPont fiber braid line provides strength and minimizes fraying.
- Cave series reels use #24 braid line giving 220-lbs of breakage strength. Wreck series reels use #36 braid line giving 350-lbs of breakage strength.
- Injection molded ABS spool resists breakage and cracking.
- Marine grade stainless steel axle is corrosion resistant.
- High quality aircraft grade aluminum frame is corrosion resistant.
- Marine grade stainless steel bolt snap is corrosion resistant.
- Knurled lockdown screw has a low profile to prevent snagging
- 2.68 lbs (1.21 kg).
Do you know all the characteristics that make Dive rite Sidewinder Explorer Reel unique. If you are interested in Dive rite Sidewinder Explorer Reel, you should know that this product is in stock at this moment in our online store scubastore. Our extensive Reels and spools collection will make sure you find exactly what you are looking for and enjoy your dive activity to the fullest. Enjoy the advantages of buying at scubastore and join the biggest sports community.
Write a review or ask our dedicated team of experts a question
EASY & FAST RETURN
SECURE & SAFE