Oms Wing BC117:
Single Bladder BCs
BC117 - K45 Single Bladder BC 45 lb. lift / Black
BC117 - K60 Single Bladder BC, 60 lb. lift / Black
OMS ® BC’S
NASA, NOAA, NPS, World Class Record holders, deep explorers and those who simply demand the best specify OMS® BC’s.
Pull down the zipper of the outer cover of the OMS® BC and you will see 1000 denier Nylon fabric backed with 5 to 6 oz. of Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) and on the Chemically Resistant BC’s 5-6 oz. TPU front and back . This thicker TPU coating helps prevent abrasion and increases puncture resistance. Most competitors use only 1/2 oz. or no urethane backing on their BC covers making them susceptible to punctures, abrasion and subsequent leaks.
Housed inside the outer cover we use a puncture resistant bladder constructed from 200 denier Nylon fabric backed with .12 mm of TPU. Most of our competitors use only a thin plastic film bladder that is more susceptible to damage.
There are other differences such as 100% quality assurance inspection for leaks, imperfections and defects before your OMS® BC is delivered.
Elastomeric Retraction Band BC Features :
1. DUAL BLADDER: Inflator hoses and Dump valves are interchangeable for a variety of unique hose configurations. The dual bladder model features a total of four (4) pull dump valves located:
Divers Side bladder: lower left and top right
Tank Side bladder: lower right and top left
2. SINGLE BLADDER: The single bladder model has two (2) relief valves located: divers right shoulder and divers lower left.
Inflator hoses and Dump valves are interchangeable
Colors: Black or Red (45 lb. & 60 lb. Black only)
3. POWER DEFLATION / ORAL INFLATION: The unique elastomeric bands (use is optional) assist in deflation, but still allow the diver to orally inflate the BC.
4. ELIMINATION OF AIR SHIFT: The OMS® elastomeric bands evenly compress the BC, eliminating the massive airshift associated with non-banded BCs that typically occurs when changing body plane.
5. LOW DRAG / LOW SNAG: The OMS® bands typically retract the BC to a width less than the divers shoulders greatly reducing Drag and Snag potential.
6. TRIM ADJUSTABILITY: By adding or eliminating bands in different parts of the BC, the diver can adjust: a) lateral trim to compensate for stage bottles, cameras, etc. b) Horizontal trim e.g. head up, down or level.
7. Cam Band accommodation: (2) Top and (2) Bottom Slots are positioned in the non inflated area for Cam Band usage.